Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The End of Times Select!

In the wake of a devastating decision by Maryland's highest court to reject equality, the New York Times makes a decision to embrace it. No, I'm not talking about GLBT equality. I'm talking about the end of Times Select, the members only section of NYTimes.com. All the best features were saved to those who subscribed, which I refused to do. Now, as of today, they've put and end to it and opened up the months of columns and features that have been denied to us. Archives are free to view.

I have a lot of catching up to do. My favorite columnist,
Paul Krugman, is now available to preach to me twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays. And he's got a blog! It's called The Conscience of a Liberal which is also the title of his latest book. I can't get into all the reasons I love Paul Krugman, but I assure you, he's worth the read.

I want to commend the New York Times for ending Times Select. I can now fully enjoy the NYTimes.com experience.

Bring on the coffee (still decaf)!

No comments: