Friday, August 31, 2007

Come out, come out wherever you are!

I'm loving the demise of the Republican party. I know, maybe I'm being optimistic, but come on! Enjoy yourself. The most recent debacle, Idaho Senator Craig. I love it. I'm just glad the gay scandal is surrounding a Republican. One day I will celebrate the day when these bathroom trists draw as little attention as the endless female prostitutes coming in and out of our elected officials hotel rooms. But for now, I get a thrill out of Republicans being accused of exactly what they profess to hate. The cartoons resulting from scandals like this are worth it.


I see two results that could come of these gay scandals. The best one is that the Republicans will realize it's too difficult to demonize gays when there are so many among their ranks. On the other hand, it could lead only the most religious zealots to be elected. (Secretly, I wouldn't mind if that happened cus you know there are some gay folk among them too.)

This is the last weekend of summer (not technically, but you know what I mean). Enjoy those last few iced lattes. I'm off to Berkeley Springs for a little R & R with my babe.

No comments: