Friday, August 29, 2008

History

2008. This is history. We are in the midst of it. First, let me talk about the great moment. An African American man named Barack Hussein Obama is the Democrats' Presidential nominee. Who would have thought this could happen when 50 years ago our country was trying to grasp the idea that blacks and whites could live integrated lives? I'm so proud of our country today. I'm so excited that we have come this far! Of course, I could find many things still left to achieve as a country, but I'm going to take this moment to savor this milestone.

Having said all that, we can't let the significance of McCain's VP pick pass us by. It is amazing that the two parties have minority representation at the top of their tickets. This is a new day. We can't deny it. Never again will we see business as usual from either Democrats or Republicans. The lip service has stepped up to real representation.

I'm happy about this. I think I'm going to leave it at that and save the rest of the banter for another time (there's a lot of it).

No comments: