Saturday, July 7, 2007

Breakfast at Wimbledon

This morning's coffee came with a serving of Venus Williams, now one of the winningest women in tennis with four Wimbledon championships! Congratulations Venus!





I love women's tennis. I have missed the finals too often because it is played live at 9 a.m. But this morning I made it a point to watch it. And I'm glad I did. This marks the 50th anniversary of Althea Gibson's Wimbledon championship, the first black woman to win Wimbledon. How lovely it is for Venus to win her fourth championship this year.


Our tomatoes are finally turning red. I have to be a little more patient, but it shouldn't be too long until we're eating home grown grape tomatoes. I've definitely noticed that our plants enjoy the rain. Even though I water them regularly, they come alive in a completely different way after a good rain.



My friend Meridith pointed me to an interesting website in my last post. Sweet Maria's (check out the links in the Coffee list) is all about home coffee roasting. This seems like a really cool hobby, maybe one I'll explore soon. Can you imagine brewing fresh roasted coffee??? That would be a sweet buzz!!



Coffee tip #?: When buying roasted beans, keep in mind the saying, "the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice." I know it doesn't refer to coffee beans, but it could. Look for dark roasted beans. It will give you a richer cup of coffee. Light beans will be more acidic. But it can't just be dark. It has to have that nice coating of oil.

No comments: